You wouldn’t know it at first from the crunchy guitars and distorted beats that may or may not have inspired a Demi Lovato song, but Sleigh Bells—the duo of Alexis Krauss and Derek Miller—are actually big fans of R&B. And they really let it show on their new song “Champions of Unrestricted Beauty,” which ditches the usual guitars that get them labeled a “noise” act for some shiny synth-pop. It’s a departure that shows off just how powerful Krauss’ voice can be, but it’s also a change that—judging by some SoundCloud annotations—already has some fans on the brink of revolt. For those of you on board, you’ll be pleased to learn that the song is off a new record the band says is almost done.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This