1. Things are actually improving in the developing world.
By Steve Radelet at the Brookings Institution
2. New York City is warning consumers about sodium. Too bad it won’t work.
By Melissa Dahl in the Science of Us
3. Since gun control seems politically impossible, let’s fix mental health care in the U.S.
By Michelle Hackman in Vox
4. A missing ingredient in the terrorism fight? Police reform.
By Yezid Sayigh at the Carnegie Middle East Center
5. Can stem cell therapies stave off old age?
By Linda Marsa in Aeon
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement