Eva Longoria, who is starring on the new NBC comedy Telenovela, stopped by The Tonight Show on Friday night, where she walked Jimmy Fallon through the elements of a classic telenovela scene: the gasp, the stare, and the slap.
Longoria, who plays the star of a hit Spanish language soap opera on the series, demonstrated her best gasp and glare before noting that stars on telenovelas “get to slap each other a lot.”
“There was a girl in a Venezuelan telenovla and she would slap people randomly in scenes,” she added. “True story. She would be like, ‘Good morning! [Slap].”
After her tutorial, Fallon asked Longoria if they could put all the elements together and do their own telenovela scene. Watch below to see their handiwork (with an unexpected cameo from a frying pan).
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023