Mindy Kaling stopped by The Tonight Show Thursday, decked out in a sparkly dress, to talk about her latest book, Why Not Me? She also talked quite a bit about Star Wars. The topic came up after host Jimmy Fallon showed a photo Kaling had shared on Twitter, which featured her book mistakenly displayed beneath a “Star Wars” label.
Turns out Kaling loves the Star Wars franchise — but she really loves trolling superfans by pretending she’s never seen the movies. “What’s Han Solo?” she’ll say. “Who’s Luke Skywalker? What’s his deal? I’m so busy getting my nails done. I’m an actress.”
Kaling says it’s fine to make fun of Star Wars “because it’s so pervasive and so popular.” But Kaling really does love it — so much that she’ll soon moderate a panel with the new cast. She thought that would mean she’d get to see the film early, but she’ll actually have to wait until Dec. 18 like the rest of us.
- Column: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive