Dec. 18 is going to be a big day. Huge. It’s the day when both Stars Wars: The Force Awakens and Sisters come out in theaters.
Sisters stars Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are well aware of the overlap, hence the above spoof, known as Sisters: The Farce Awakens. It’s pretty much a shot-for-shot parody of a Star Wars featurette from July. So yes, they’re openly mocking one of the most beloved franchises of all times. It’s great. They also use phony British accents, because obviously.
In the spoof, you’ll also see Maya Rudolph and Ike Barinholtz, who discuss their “magical” experience filming Sisters. Oh, and be on the lookout for a George Takei cameo, too.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror