Oprah Winfrey has announced she will publish a new memoir, The Life You Want, weaving her own experiences together with advice and inspiration for her readers.
While Oprah has published several books before, including a collection of her columns for O, The Oprah Magazine, What I Know for Sure, this is anticipated to be her definitive memoir. In a press release about the book, she wrote, “All of my experiences, even the painful ones, have been there to teach me something about life. I’m still learning and I hope my story inspires other people to live the highest, fullest expression of themselves.”
The book will be published by Flatiron Books, a division of Macmillan US, in January 2017. Oprah will also launch her own imprint with Flatiron, selecting several non-fiction books per year for publication.
Competition for the book, a likely bestseller, was rumored to be fierce; Deadline cited an unnamed source on Tuesday saying the deal had reached eight figures.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State