Oprah Winfrey has announced she will publish a new memoir, The Life You Want, weaving her own experiences together with advice and inspiration for her readers.
While Oprah has published several books before, including a collection of her columns for O, The Oprah Magazine, What I Know for Sure, this is anticipated to be her definitive memoir. In a press release about the book, she wrote, “All of my experiences, even the painful ones, have been there to teach me something about life. I’m still learning and I hope my story inspires other people to live the highest, fullest expression of themselves.”
The book will be published by Flatiron Books, a division of Macmillan US, in January 2017. Oprah will also launch her own imprint with Flatiron, selecting several non-fiction books per year for publication.
Competition for the book, a likely bestseller, was rumored to be fierce; Deadline cited an unnamed source on Tuesday saying the deal had reached eight figures.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022