Oprah Winfrey has announced she will publish a new memoir, The Life You Want, weaving her own experiences together with advice and inspiration for her readers.
While Oprah has published several books before, including a collection of her columns for O, The Oprah Magazine, What I Know for Sure, this is anticipated to be her definitive memoir. In a press release about the book, she wrote, “All of my experiences, even the painful ones, have been there to teach me something about life. I’m still learning and I hope my story inspires other people to live the highest, fullest expression of themselves.”
The book will be published by Flatiron Books, a division of Macmillan US, in January 2017. Oprah will also launch her own imprint with Flatiron, selecting several non-fiction books per year for publication.
Competition for the book, a likely bestseller, was rumored to be fierce; Deadline cited an unnamed source on Tuesday saying the deal had reached eight figures.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time