The second trailer for one of next year’s most highly anticipated movies finally dropped Wednesday night, and boy, is it intense.
The trailer for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, which debuted on Jimmy Kimmel Live!, begins with Ben Affleck’s Bruce Wayne, a.k.a. Batman, meeting Superman’s alter ego (played by Henry Cavill) Clark Kent at a party hosted by none other than supervillain Lex Luthor (Jesse Eisenberg).
The rest of the trailer is absolute mayhem as the two superheroes battle it out, only to team up against a beast suspected to be Superman’s nemesis Doomsday after being saved by — you guessed it — Wonder Woman.
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice will release March 25 next year.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List