If you’re having trouble finding your Prince or Princess Charming, this new dating website exclusively for Disney lovers might do the trick.
MouseMingle.com launched on Tuesday and is the creation of a former Disneyland Railroad engineer. Dave Tavres, who describes himself as a “software geek,” told Los Angeles Magazine that he created the website because he “found it hard to find women who were as interested in Disney as [he is].”
He notes that “Niche dating sites are more common these days,” but apparently Farmers Only and Oscar Mayers’ bacon-lovers dating app didn’t quite work for him.
The dating site, which is unaffiliated with the Disney company, registers new members by asking which parks are closest to them, whether they currently hold an annual pass, and if they’re looking for a romantic relationship, friendship, or a “Park Pal.”
It determines compatibility between users by asking them to check boxes indicating favorite Disney songs, Disney shopping habits, and “Disney nerd level.” “All the normal sites,” Tavres told Los Angeles Magazine, “don’t have Disney questions.”
Membership is free as long as you’re simply looking at profiles and photos. In order to contact someone, you have to pay a $12.55 monthly membership, the 55 being an homage to the year the Anaheim park first opened.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time