It’s been 20 years since jurors returned a controversial verdict in the O.J. Simpson murder case, and Ryan Murphy is ready to revisit the Trial of the Century.
The first chapter of the American Horror Story creator’s FX crime anthology American Crime Story with The People v. O.J. Simpson goes behind the scenes of the trial that ended with the NFL great being aquitted of two murders. The show debuts on Feb. 2, and on Wednesday, the network rolled out the first full trailer for ACS, whose cast includes Cuba Gooding Jr., John Travolta, Sarah Paulson, David Schwimmer, Courtney B. Vance, Connie Britton, and Selma Blair.
Click on the video to see a preview of the action, which features Simpson lawyer Robert Shapiro (Travolta) asking, “Who the hell signs a suicide note with a happy face?” and Simpson (Gooding) declaring: “You want to make this a black thing? Well, I’m not black. I’m O.J..”
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This