It’s a classic case of old versus new.
The Dec. 18 premiere of The Force Awakens is just over a week away. In anticipation of the film’s release, TIME hits newsstands Thursday with two different covers. Each one features one of the galaxy far, far away’s mechanical characters, R2-D2 and BB-8. Of course, this split raises an important question: which droid is more deserving of the vaunted spot?
MORE: How J.J. Abrams Brought Back Star Wars
On one side of the ring there is the lovable R2-D2, introduced in 1977’s Episode IV: A New Hope and a fast fan favorite. On the other there is BB-8, an adorable new addition to the Star Wars world who will appear in upcoming installments of the series.
Cast your vote now.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases