It’s a classic case of old versus new.
The Dec. 18 premiere of The Force Awakens is just over a week away. In anticipation of the film’s release, TIME hits newsstands Thursday with two different covers. Each one features one of the galaxy far, far away’s mechanical characters, R2-D2 and BB-8. Of course, this split raises an important question: which droid is more deserving of the vaunted spot?
On one side of the ring there is the lovable R2-D2, introduced in 1977’s Episode IV: A New Hope and a fast fan favorite. On the other there is BB-8, an adorable new addition to the Star Wars world who will appear in upcoming installments of the series.
Cast your vote now.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was