It’s a classic case of old versus new.
The Dec. 18 premiere of The Force Awakens is just over a week away. In anticipation of the film’s release, TIME hits newsstands Thursday with two different covers. Each one features one of the galaxy far, far away’s mechanical characters, R2-D2 and BB-8. Of course, this split raises an important question: which droid is more deserving of the vaunted spot?
On one side of the ring there is the lovable R2-D2, introduced in 1977’s Episode IV: A New Hope and a fast fan favorite. On the other there is BB-8, an adorable new addition to the Star Wars world who will appear in upcoming installments of the series.
Cast your vote now.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time