It’s a classic case of old versus new.
The Dec. 18 premiere of The Force Awakens is just over a week away. In anticipation of the film’s release, TIME hits newsstands Thursday with two different covers. Each one features one of the galaxy far, far away’s mechanical characters, R2-D2 and BB-8. Of course, this split raises an important question: which droid is more deserving of the vaunted spot?
On one side of the ring there is the lovable R2-D2, introduced in 1977’s Episode IV: A New Hope and a fast fan favorite. On the other there is BB-8, an adorable new addition to the Star Wars world who will appear in upcoming installments of the series.
Cast your vote now.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears