A Secret Service officer has been indicted over allegedly sending naked photos of himself to a 14-year-old girl, who was actually an undercover officer.
Lee Robert Moore, 37, was indicted on one count of attempting to transfer obscene materials to a minor, the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) announced on Wednesday.
When Moore was arrested in Nov, 2015, he was a member of the U.S. Secret Service-Uniformed Division and was assigned to the White House. Moore allegedly chatted online over the mobile apps “Meet24” and “Kik.” The Delaware State Police Detectives with the Delaware Child Predator Task Force had created a profile on the “Meet24” site and posed as a 14-year-old girl. Moore chatted with this girl a number of times and the chats were often sexual. He allegedly sent photos of himself to the girl, including one with his penis.
The DOJ reports that some of these chat sessions occurred while Moore was at work.
Moore has remained in custody since he was arrested Nov. 9, 2015. He was indicted by a federal grand jury on Wednesday.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving