In a new, “hot take” on the traditional Yule Log, Nick Offerman (aka Ron Swanson from Parks and Recreation) sits in an arm chair by a Yule Log and stares at viewers for 45 minutes straight in between occasional sips of Lagavulin Single Malt Scotch Whisky. It’s his latest stunt for the distillery on the Island of Islay in Scotland. This time last year, in fact, he played the guitar and sang an ode to the dead-pan, mustachioed character’s drink of choice.
And if it gets old — or if his stare makes you feel too uncomfortable — then switch to this Yule Log.
- Anti-Black Violence Has Long Been the Most Common American Hate Crime—And We Still Don't Know the Full Extent
- One Million Americans Have Died of COVID-19. Here Are Some of Their Stories
- The Buffalo Shooter Targeted a City Haunted by Segregation
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- The Ukrainian Musicians Fighting Russia Through Song
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Here's Who Won the 2022 TIME100 Reader Poll