In a new, “hot take” on the traditional Yule Log, Nick Offerman (aka Ron Swanson from Parks and Recreation) sits in an arm chair by a Yule Log and stares at viewers for 45 minutes straight in between occasional sips of Lagavulin Single Malt Scotch Whisky. It’s his latest stunt for the distillery on the Island of Islay in Scotland. This time last year, in fact, he played the guitar and sang an ode to the dead-pan, mustachioed character’s drink of choice.
And if it gets old — or if his stare makes you feel too uncomfortable — then switch to this Yule Log.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was