1. Don’t just donate for a better world. Invest for one, too.
By Sally Blount in Fortune
2. Have we lost sight of what a university should be?
By John H. McWhorter in the Wall Street Journal
3. To end HIV/AIDS, look to Africa.
By Erin Hohlfelder at the ONE Campaign
4. Women are the key to a successful climate strategy.
By Helen Clark in Time
5. South Indians are crowdsourcing survival amid the worst rains in a century.
By Sonam Joshi in Mashable
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- What Wildfire Smoke Does to the Human Body
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- How Past Lives Combines Memoir and Artistry
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk