Snoop Dogg is many things to many people. A rapper, an actor, a Game of Thrones fan, a pot purveyor. But many people don’t realize that Snoop is also a visual artist. (Last year, Paper magazine called him “the Jackson Pollock of our time,” which feels correct.)
On Tuesday night, Snoop stopped by Jimmy Kimmel Live! to discuss his new marijuana brand — but Kimmel also made sure to bring up Snoop’s side hustle as a painter. He showed off a painting — “an original Snoop Doggy Dogg” — and then asked the rapper for some more detail.
“You know what, it’s in spurts I paint,” Snoop explains. “Maybe three or four times a year.” Inspiration usually strikes when he’s in a hotel room in another country. He made the painting in the clip above, for example, in Australia at the Versace Hotel. But no, that doesn’t mean he carries his painting supplies all over the world with him. He is an entrepreneur. He obviously sends someone else to the paint store.
The clip was part of Kimmel’s special episode dedicated to Shopathon, an effort co-created by (RED) and VICE Media to raise money for the Global Fund to Fight AIDS.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate