Since I last checked in, my dad has done a video conference with my class at school, and we have celebrated Thanksgiving. My classmates were very thrilled to be able to speak to an astronaut aboard the space station. I must admit, they asked some pretty interesting question, and, just as I expected, laughed loudly when he performed his zero-gravity tricks, such as flipping upside down while spinning and playing with his food. I wish he would have let me play with my food when I was younger!
Our Thanksgiving was very low-key. My mom and I celebrated with some friends from Japan, as well as a few others. Before dinner, I had a video conference with my dad, and he met my friends and classmate. He was even able to introduce them to the Japanese astronaut on board with him.
This will be a short month as we prepare for the holidays. Star Wars will come out soon, and I can’t wait for my dad to get his Christmas gift!
TIME is producing a series of documentary films about Scott Kelly’s record-breaking mission in space. Watch them here.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve