TIME photographer Marco Grob takes us behind the scenes with Lupita Nyong’o, who plays alien Maz Kanata in the upcoming Star Wars sequel. Don’t expect to recognize Oscar winner though—the actress covered her face with motion capture tracking dots as part of her transformation into the CGI character.
Watch the video above to go behind the scenes of Star Wars: The Force Awakens with TIME.
See all the photos Grob shot of the Star Wars cast here.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org