TIME photographer Marco Grob takes us behind the scenes with Lupita Nyong’o, who plays alien Maz Kanata in the upcoming Star Wars sequel. Don’t expect to recognize Oscar winner though—the actress covered her face with motion capture tracking dots as part of her transformation into the CGI character.
Watch the video above to go behind the scenes of Star Wars: The Force Awakens with TIME.
See all the photos Grob shot of the Star Wars cast here.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer