John Oliver has finally made it.
He has risen from starring in the British podcast The Bugle to working as a correspondent on The Daily Show to being on the TIME 100 to hosting his very own HBO series that is making a real-life effect on U.S. policy. But only now is he truly a star. That’s because the host of HBO’s Last Week Tonight is finally getting his very own action figure.
The figure, made by Funko Pop!, re-imagines the satiric news host as a vinyl figure ready to tackle the world from the edge of your desk.
With your new action figure, you can follow in Oliver’s footsteps whether he’s breaking Canadian election law with the help of Mike Myers, vetting Syrian refugees, arguing against the continued existence of the penny, using Kenny G for the forces of good, re-vamping sex ed with the help of Nick Offerman and Laverne Cox, or saying what we all think about the terrorist attacks in France. Or you can take your own stand against your own personal bugbear (dancing goats? egging houses? the biotech industry?). The possibilities for calling things out with the help of your John Oliver action figure are limited only by your own imagination and list of grievances.
The newscaster action figure is available for sale in the HBO store. British accent not included.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This