Remember when people on the internet expressed anger about a black storm trooper in the trailer for the upcoming Star Wars film? Well, the film’s director J.J. Abrams is having none of it. Abrams tried not to address the question on an appearance on the Howard Stern Show, but finally let the critics have it.
“I think the people are complaining about that probably have bigger problems than there’s a black storm trooper,” Abrams told Stern.
Abrams also said that John Boyega, the actor who plays the character in question, did an “extraordinary” job in the movie.
Abrams has been doing the late night show circuit in advance of the release of The Force Awakens later this month. The director attracted attention last week when he revealed the first word in the new film in an interview with Jimmy Kimmel.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World