Remember when people on the internet expressed anger about a black storm trooper in the trailer for the upcoming Star Wars film? Well, the film’s director J.J. Abrams is having none of it. Abrams tried not to address the question on an appearance on the Howard Stern Show, but finally let the critics have it.
“I think the people are complaining about that probably have bigger problems than there’s a black storm trooper,” Abrams told Stern.
Abrams also said that John Boyega, the actor who plays the character in question, did an “extraordinary” job in the movie.
Abrams has been doing the late night show circuit in advance of the release of The Force Awakens later this month. The director attracted attention last week when he revealed the first word in the new film in an interview with Jimmy Kimmel.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears