This week, 150 nations have gathered together in Paris for the 21st Conference of the Parties to discuss combating climate change. But the global leaders aren’t the only ones voicing concern.
The research group Climate Central released images of an artist’s impression of climate change’s possible effect on cities across the globe. Before and after pictures predict that cities such as Mumbai and Rio de Janeiro could be heavily immersed in water if the world was four degrees warmer.
Watch the video above to see drastic changes that could happen in the future.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now