It’s every die-hard sci-fi geek’s nightmare scenario: being forced to choose between Star Wars‘ hyperdrive-enabled Millennium Falcon or Star Trek‘s supreme vessel, the Starship Enterprise. Some evil genius posed that very question to astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson on his National Geographic television show Star Talk and despite looking chagrined at having to weigh in, he had a very quick answer to the question that has plagued generations of dueling fandoms.
“That’s easy,” said Tyson in a YouTube video. No spoilers, but watch the video above to see how he made his choice based on hard scientific facts. While normally astrophysics school wouldn’t prepare you to answer one of pop culture’s biggest debates, Tyson handles it with panache and solid reasoning.
Now that Tyson has weighed in on the question, does that settle the debate? Probably not. Fans will probably always debate whether Han Solo’s beloved Millennium Falcon is better equipped for life in the stars than the U.S.S. Enterprise.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer