An Iraq War veteran who was killed in the Planned Parenthood shooting ran back inside the building after being shot to warn others to take cover, his brother told NBC News.
Ke’Arre Stewart — a 29-year-old father-of-two — was hit after stepping outside the Colorado Springs clinic because he did not have any cellphone service, according to brother Leyonte Chandler.
Chandler said it was his sibling’s Army experience that prompted his final act of heroism.
“I believe that’s his military instinct, you know: Leave no soldier behind, leave no civilian behind, just leave no one behind,” an emotional Chandler said.
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time