The Time Lord of the Rings?
Sir Peter Jackson is fueling speculation that he will direct an episode of the long-running BBC cult classic Doctor Who. The Academy Award-winning director of The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies posted a video to his Facebook page on Monday featuring him and his daughter discussing Doctor Who director Steven Moffat’s repeated attempts to convince Jackson to helm an episode.
Moffat told Metro in November that he was still intent on Jackson guest directing. “He’s a genuine big old Doctor Who fan,” Moffat said of Jackson. “He’s mentioned it, and then we email him and he doesn’t reply.”
Doctor Who star Peter Capaldi also makes a surprise appearance in the video to deliver what is presumably a contract to Jackson. Unfortunately for sci-fi fans everywhere, Capaldi is forced to leave before the director has time to sign the document. Jackson also seems preoccupied, spending the segment polishing his Oscars and then running off to watch the latest episode of The Walking Dead.
See the full video below:
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time