A suspect was arrested Saturday in connection with a New Orleans playground shootout last week that left 17 people injured, including 11 teenagers and children, police said.
The man, Joseph Allen, 32, turned himself in after police released a photo and announced that he would be charged with 17 counts of first-degree attempted murder, NBC affiliate WDSU reported.
Allen is accused of firing into a crowd of several hundred people who had gathered early on the evening of Sunday, Nov. 22, at Bunny Friend Park, in New Orleans’ 9th Ward, for the filming of a music video.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up