Daniel Radcliffe is often asked about his unusual taste in movie roles since he found fame in the hit Harry Potter movie franchise based on J.K. Rowling’s books. The 26-year-old actor has tended to opt for independent films and theater productions rather than safe blockbusters, his roles ranging from a haunted lawyer to a beat poet.
“I don’t really have mainstream tastes,” he told NME in an interview. “People do ask me, ‘Why do you choose such weird movies?’ but I don’t think they’re weird, they’re just stories I’m interested in. Isn’t having weird tastes good, though? I think so. I think that’s better than always wanting to play the handsome hero. You think I’m weird? I’ll take that.”
Read the full interview with NME here.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.