Daniel Radcliffe is often asked about his unusual taste in movie roles since he found fame in the hit Harry Potter movie franchise based on J.K. Rowling’s books. The 26-year-old actor has tended to opt for independent films and theater productions rather than safe blockbusters, his roles ranging from a haunted lawyer to a beat poet.
“I don’t really have mainstream tastes,” he told NME in an interview. “People do ask me, ‘Why do you choose such weird movies?’ but I don’t think they’re weird, they’re just stories I’m interested in. Isn’t having weird tastes good, though? I think so. I think that’s better than always wanting to play the handsome hero. You think I’m weird? I’ll take that.”
Read the full interview with NME here.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears