Daniel Radcliffe is often asked about his unusual taste in movie roles since he found fame in the hit Harry Potter movie franchise based on J.K. Rowling’s books. The 26-year-old actor has tended to opt for independent films and theater productions rather than safe blockbusters, his roles ranging from a haunted lawyer to a beat poet.
“I don’t really have mainstream tastes,” he told NME in an interview. “People do ask me, ‘Why do you choose such weird movies?’ but I don’t think they’re weird, they’re just stories I’m interested in. Isn’t having weird tastes good, though? I think so. I think that’s better than always wanting to play the handsome hero. You think I’m weird? I’ll take that.”
Read the full interview with NME here.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization