The rain that swamped the middle of the United States was running into a frigid weather system sweeping from the north Thursday — setting up a holiday weekend that forecasters said would be a travel nightmare.
“This storm is really going to be an ice and rain maker” from the Great Lakes to the Southern Plains beginning Thursday night and well into the weekend, said Domenica Davis, a forecaster for The Weather Channel.
A huge band of ice warnings and advisories extending through Saturday covered the middle part of the country…
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up