The rain that swamped the middle of the United States was running into a frigid weather system sweeping from the north Thursday — setting up a holiday weekend that forecasters said would be a travel nightmare.
“This storm is really going to be an ice and rain maker” from the Great Lakes to the Southern Plains beginning Thursday night and well into the weekend, said Domenica Davis, a forecaster for The Weather Channel.
A huge band of ice warnings and advisories extending through Saturday covered the middle part of the country…
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time