Ohio Gov. John Kasich’s campaign team released a new video Tuesday criticizing Donald Trump’s comments to certain minority groups.
The video, titled “Trump’s Dangerous Rhetoric,” features retired Col. Tom Moe, an Air Force veteran and former Vietnam prisoner-of-war, paraphrasing late German pastor Martin Niemöller’s “First they came…” poem about the Nazi’s rise to power while headlines about Trump’s controversial statements appear on screen:
During a Tuesday rally in South Carolina, Trump, the Republican party’s current frontrunner, made fun of Kasich’s poll numbers—”We’re beating the governor of Ohio in his own state,”—and also mispronounced his name (Kay-sick, not Kay-sitch).
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now