1. This rocket’s launch — and safe return to earth — could open the door to space tourism.
By Nathaniel Scharping in Discover
2. Doctors are 3D-printing a patient’s brain to practice surgery before they perform it.
By Dan Mangan at CNBC
3. The next leap in clean energy? Algae-power.
By Cléa Desjardins at Concordia University
4. How data-mining led to a diabetes breakthrough.
By Jessica Leber in Co.Exist
5. The police took more stuff from people than burglars did last year.
By Christopher Ingraham in the Washington Post
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk