Indian movie star Aamir Khan is facing an intense backlash for his recent comments on India’s growing intolerance toward minorities.
Snapdeal, a popular e-commerce website endorsed by Khan, has been flooded with negative comments from consumers, reports Indian news channel NDTV, with some threatening to boycott it until Khan is removed as its brand ambassador.
Khan, who is one of Bollywood’s biggest stars, was also slammed on social media, with many branding him “antinational” and saying they would boycott his films.
The 50-year-old actor had said during an awards show on Monday that his wife and he had discussed leaving India due to the country’s increasing religious discrimination.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022