Indian movie star Aamir Khan is facing an intense backlash for his recent comments on India’s growing intolerance toward minorities.
Snapdeal, a popular e-commerce website endorsed by Khan, has been flooded with negative comments from consumers, reports Indian news channel NDTV, with some threatening to boycott it until Khan is removed as its brand ambassador.
Khan, who is one of Bollywood’s biggest stars, was also slammed on social media, with many branding him “antinational” and saying they would boycott his films.
The 50-year-old actor had said during an awards show on Monday that his wife and he had discussed leaving India due to the country’s increasing religious discrimination.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization