Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders feasted on fried chicken with Killer Mike before the rapper gave the presidential hopeful a rousing endorsement at an Atlanta rally late Monday.
The unlikely duo dined together at Busy Bee Café, a famous soul food joint in the city, according to photos the hip-hop artist shared on Twitter.
“Brought this guy to Busy Bee on MLK in ATL,” Killer Mike tweeted Monday, along with a picture of Sanders looking over the menu. The rapper is a member of hip hop supergroup Run The Jewels.
Sanders ordered fried chicken, macaroni and yams, according to ABC News.
The Atlanta-born artist and activist, whose real name is Michael Render, later delivered an impassioned six-minute speech supporting Sanders for president.
“I have to tell you that in my heart of hearts, in my heart of hearts, I fully believe that Sen. Bernie Sanders is the right man to lead this country,” he said to a cheering crowd of 5,000 people.
Killer Mike also likened Sanders to Jesus, ABC reports.
“Bernie Sanders is the only candidate right now, he is the absolute only candidate where if you line up his political campaign, next to the words of Jesus Christ, it lines up. It lines up.”
- Column: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive