C-3PO is most certainly the droid you’re looking for if you need a new protocol droid to guide you during your travels.
Waze has announced that C-3PO has been added as a voice for the navigation app, though finding the speediest route is not his only quest. C-3PO will be looking for R2-D2 and BB-8 along the way, and users who find them will score extra points on the app after joining The Force Awakens’s team, one of the app’s social features. Additional Star Wars items and characters, including stormtroopers, TIE fighters, and lightsabers will appear on the app’s roads. Hopefully he doesn’t feel a need to cry out “we’re doomed” every time drivers miss a turn.
C-3PO is currently available in the app’s settings, available on both the iOS and Android versions of Waze. You can hear a bit of what 3PO sounds like as your navigator on Waze’s official website. For more C-3PO, read EW’s interview with the man behind the droid, Anthony Daniels, and watch 3PO meet BB-8 in a new ad for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time