Correction appended November 23
Fresh off their big bow at the box office earlier this year, the Minions are showing off their competitive streaks in a new mini-movie.
The Competition features two of the yellow, overall-clad creatures playing a game of wastebasket basketball, which quickly escalates to a boxing match and beyond.
The mini-movie, along with two other shorts, will be available on the Minions Digital HD, out Tuesday (and Blu-ray/DVD, out Dec. 8).
In September, Minions became the second-highest grossing animated movie ever — only behind Frozen — having earned $1.08 billion worldwide. The Despicable Me prequel opened July 10 and grossed $115.2 million in its first weekend.
Get a look at The Competition below.
Correction: The original version of the story misstated the date of the Minions DVD release. It is Dec. 8.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time