This article contains spoilers.
Game of Thrones shared its first promo for season six on Twitter Monday featuring a very bloody Jon Snow.
The image continues to raise the real question still at hand, though: Is he or isn’t he dead?
Fans are holding out hope, and the new image will only fuel speculation. A Song of Ice and Fire author George R.R. Martin has cryptically said that “If there’s one thing we know in A Song of Ice and Fire, it’s that death is not necessarily permanent.”
Showrunners continue to confirm, though, that “dead is dead.” An official premiere date for the show’s sixth season has yet to be announced but many imagine it’ll be late April.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve