This article contains spoilers.
Game of Thrones shared its first promo for season six on Twitter Monday featuring a very bloody Jon Snow.
The image continues to raise the real question still at hand, though: Is he or isn’t he dead?
Fans are holding out hope, and the new image will only fuel speculation. A Song of Ice and Fire author George R.R. Martin has cryptically said that “If there’s one thing we know in A Song of Ice and Fire, it’s that death is not necessarily permanent.”
Showrunners continue to confirm, though, that “dead is dead.” An official premiere date for the show’s sixth season has yet to be announced but many imagine it’ll be late April.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science