Even in those instances when your flight arrives on schedule and you’ve got plenty of foot space, flying can be exhausting—especially around Thanksgiving. Sitting next to a disruptive passenger or running out of reading material can ruin the entire experience.
There are, however, a few steps you can take to make sure your flight is as smooth and enjoyable as possible. Some gadgets and apps are designed to cut out the background noise, keep you entertained, and help you stay organized. Here’s a look at five of them.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space