People caught up with a California mom who went viral this year when she was filmed busting out hip-hop dance moves while 27 weeks pregnant during a dance class that she teaches at a high school in Napa.
Since the video was uploaded to YouTube and Facebook on Oct. 8, its star, Christina Litle, a wedding photographer and dance teacher who also has a five-year-old and a three-year-old, told People that she has gotten a fair amount of negative comments from Internet users who think she is jeopardizing the health of her baby. But she said she just wanted to show pregnant women that they shouldn’t be afraid to engage in some light exercise every now and then (as long as their pregnancy hasn’t been deemed “at risk”).
“There’s this stigma about women being active during pregnancy,” she told People. “There’s really no reason not to get out there and boogie.”
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space