Facebook is making it easier to stay resolved in your breakup.
The company announced Thursday that is testing features that might make it easier to break up online.
Facebook will now provide a variety of options when a person changes their relationship status in a way that indicates they are no longer attached. For instance, users will have the option to see less of their ex’s name and profile, and their posts won’t show up in that person’s news feed.
The ex will also not be a suggested person to tag in photos, and overall their pictures and status updates will be limited.
Facebook says its starting to test these features in the United States on mobile and will expand them based on user feedback.
“This work is part of our ongoing effort to develop resources for people who may be going through difficult moments in their lives. We hope these tools will help people end relationships on Facebook with greater ease, comfort and sense of control,” the company said in a statement.
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time