Candy bars rock, but sometimes the store-bought stuff can’t satisfy exactly what we’re looking for. That’s where this recipe comes in. We combined these two classic candy bars so the childhood versions of ourselves could die happy. You’re welcome.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours+ (cool time)
Total Time: about 3 hours
Servings: 18 bars
- 14-oz. soft caramel squares
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 18 chocolate cream-filled wafer cookies
- 18-oz. chocolate chips
1. Line a 9×9 in square pan with foil going up the sides and spray with cooking spray.
2. Unwrap the caramel squares and put in a bowl. Add heavy cream, and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
3. Pour the mixture in the pan and spread into an even layer. Chill for 5-10 minutes until the caramel has cooled but is still soft.
4. Place a layer of wafer cookies as close together as possible on top of the caramel.
(If the caramel is too hard, wipe the surface with a wet paper towel, so the cookies have something to stick to.)
5. Refrigerate until the caramel is firm, at least one hour.
6. Take the bars out of the pan using the foil as handles. Peel off the foil.
7. Use a sharp knife to cut the individual bars and trim uneven edges. If the caramel is difficult to cut, refrigerate for another 30 minutes or freeze for 15 minutes.
(Greasing your work surface will help prevent the caramel sticking.)
8. Melt the chocolate in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
9. Balancing a candy bar on a fork (wafer-side down) dip in the melted chocolate, or use a spoon to cover it. Tap on the edge of the bowl to get off the excess chocolate. Slide the bar on a parchment-lined tray or another non-stick surface.
10. Let the candy bars sit on counter for about 30 minutes or refrigerate until the chocolate is hard.
More from Spoon University:
- We Taste Tested the Weirdest Candy Corn-Flavored Products So You Don’t Have To
- Leftover-Candy Cookies
- Candy Caramel Apples
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating