In addition to being one of the best pop albums of the year, Carly Rae Jepsen’s new album E•mo•tion is also a loving tribute to mid-1980s synth pop. So it shouldn’t come as a total surprise that the “Call Me Maybe” singer’s foray into holiday music would be a cover of Wham!’s 1984 classic “Last Christmas”—it’s the kind of brokenhearted yet warm and sweet song she excels at. It’s also one of the better cases for why Christmas music should be acceptable before December.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World