In addition to being one of the best pop albums of the year, Carly Rae Jepsen’s new album E•mo•tion is also a loving tribute to mid-1980s synth pop. So it shouldn’t come as a total surprise that the “Call Me Maybe” singer’s foray into holiday music would be a cover of Wham!’s 1984 classic “Last Christmas”—it’s the kind of brokenhearted yet warm and sweet song she excels at. It’s also one of the better cases for why Christmas music should be acceptable before December.
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption