Olivia Munn has thrown a penalty flag at the media for going way off sides in the coverage of her boyfriend, Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers.
Munn took to Twitter to post about her frustration at news sites that wrote articles citing a fan theory that Munn is to blame for the Packers’ recent losing streak.
The fan claimed Rodgers’ personal life could be to blame, which launched a trove of Tweets calling for the couple to break up.
But Munn was quick to call out the sites that gave clout to the fan, who she says is racist.
This is not the first time an athlete’s significant other has been blamed for a slump. After Serena Williams was knocked out of the U.S. Open in September, users took to Twitter to blame her rumored boyfriend Drake for the loss.
Despite Rodgers’ losing games on the field, he’s winning fans off of it after publicly calling out a fan who shouted an anti-Muslim slur during a moment of silence for the victims of the recent terror attacks in Paris.
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction