During the recent attacks in Paris, Facebook activated a feature that let people in the city let their friends and family know they were safe. Called “Safety Check,” the feature grew out of a project created after the devastating earthquake and tsunami that struck Japan back in 2011.
For everything you need to know about Facebook’s Safety Check, watch the Tech Time video above.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving