Sierra Leone is saying goodbye to Ebola in song.
On Saturday, Sierra Leone was declared Ebola-free after it went 42 days with no new cases of the disease. In celebration, the rapper Block Jones wrote “Bye Bye Ebola,” which features dancing health care workers and ambulance drivers—including workers in full protective gear.
Sierra Leone had more than 14,000 cases of Ebola and more than 3,900 residents died from the disease.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating