Apple quietly launched a new accessory just in time for the holiday shopping season: An Apple Watch dock.
The “Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock” appeared on Apple’s online store Wednesday. The device lets Apple Watch owners either lay their smartwatch flat or propped up on its side while charging. It should be available in Apple retail stores later this week.
After a recent software upgrade, an Apple Watch that’s charging while laying sideways will enter “nightstand mode,” in which it displays the time, date, alarm settings and charge status in an easy-to-read green font.
At $79, the new Apple Watch dock looks like it would make the perfect stocking stuffer for that Apple fanatic in your life.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time