Apple quietly launched a new accessory just in time for the holiday shopping season: An Apple Watch dock.
The “Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock” appeared on Apple’s online store Wednesday. The device lets Apple Watch owners either lay their smartwatch flat or propped up on its side while charging. It should be available in Apple retail stores later this week.
After a recent software upgrade, an Apple Watch that’s charging while laying sideways will enter “nightstand mode,” in which it displays the time, date, alarm settings and charge status in an easy-to-read green font.
At $79, the new Apple Watch dock looks like it would make the perfect stocking stuffer for that Apple fanatic in your life.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now