In the lead-up to the premiere of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 2, posters have been hung up all around the world. According to Haaretz, Israel is no exception. Posters featuring the film’s star Jennifer Lawrence have been hung prominently all over the country—except in cities like Jerusalem and Bnei Brak. There, the posters only show the fiery crown in the background. The image of Katniss Everdeen (J.Law’s character) has been removed.
“We discovered that public posters with the image of a female are often torn down in Jerusalem, while Bnei Brak does not allow posters with female images,” a rep from the movie’s Israeli PR firm said.
The Bnei Brak municipality says that a regulation prevents hanging posters of women “that might incite the feelings of the city’s residents,” while the Jerusalem municipality said it has no such restriction and is unconnected to the poster in question.
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer
- What to Know About the Monkeypox Drug TPOXX—And Why It's So Hard to Get
- The Year's Final Supermoon Reminds Us Why We Love the Night Sky
- A Hotter World Means More Disease Outbreaks in Our Future
- How The Sandman Author Neil Gaiman Drew Inspiration From His Nightmares
- Candace Parker Is a Force in Basketball and Beyond
- Dropbox Tossed Out the Workplace Rulebook. Here’s How That’s Working