1. Meet “dialogue,” the new front in the Internet commenting wars.
By Laura Hazard Owen in Nieman Lab
2. You can help the Smithsonian index the records of tens of thousands of freed slaves.
By the Freedmen’s Bureau Project
3. We need a better way to measure credit for the very poor.
By Julia Sklar in MIT News
4. Stop complaining about media coverage of terrorism. The problem is your friends.
By Emma Kelly in Medium
5. Learn about a pseudoscience that put uncounted thousands behind bars.
By Nathan J. Robinson in the Boston Review
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement