Mattel and Moschino are breaking down barriers with their Moschino Barbie by featuring a boy in a new ad.
In the ad (above), the boy and two girls excitedly talk about the new collector doll, donning an edgy all-black ensemble with gold jewelry as the cherry on top. “Moschino Barbie is so fierce!,” the boy exclaims, soon wrapping it all up with a super smooth wink.
Moschino Barbie was made available on Nov. 9 — along with an accompanying, exclusive eight-piece Moschino collection — and sold out almost instantly. “MOSCHINO BARBIE SOLD OUT IN LESS THAN AN HOUR ! WOW ! BARBIE AND I THANK U FOR ALL THE LOVE ! #MOSCHINOBARBIE,” Moschino creative director Jeremy Scott posted to his Instagram.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving