Drew University has joined the ranks of colleges separating themselves from Bill Cosby, revoking an honorary degree bestowed upon the comedian in 2002.
The New Jersey university voted in October to strip away the honor in light of increasing accusations of sexual assault against Cosby and made the announcement on Monday after a press outlet inquired about the degree, NJ.com reports.
Cosby denies the allegations against him, which number over 50.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com