Steven Spielberg and Barbra Streisand will be among the 2015 recipients of the Presidential Medal of Freedom on Nov. 24.
President Barack Obama will also give the White House’s top civilian award to Stephen Sondheim, who was selected last year but wasn’t able to attend the ceremony, James Taylor, Gloria and Emilio Estefan, Itzhak Perlman, Willie Mays, Sen. Barbara Mikulski and others, Variety reports.
Posthumous recipients include Yogi Berra and Shirley Chisholm. Activists like Bonnie Carroll and Billy Frank, Jr. will also be among the honorees.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time