A photo of an elderly man teaching a younger man how to tie a tie while waiting for a train is going viral.
The image was posted to Facebook by Redd Desmond Thomas of Atlanta, GA., and was captured at a MARTA train station. The woman in the red coat was the first to notice the younger man struggling with his necktie, according to Thomas’s post. After the young man told her he didn’t know how to properly tie it, the woman tapped her husband and said, “teach this young man how to tie his tie.”
The older man set to work immediately showing his pupil the steps of tying a tie and then making sure he remembered them.
“The older gentleman moved without hesitation [almost a reflex response] and gave him a step-by-step tutorial; then — afterward — the elder gentleman watched the young gentleman repeat the steps and show him that he had it,” Thomas wrote.
The photo has been liked more than 568,000 times and shared more than 163,000 times since it was posted on Saturday.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time