A photo of an elderly man teaching a younger man how to tie a tie while waiting for a train is going viral.
The image was posted to Facebook by Redd Desmond Thomas of Atlanta, GA., and was captured at a MARTA train station. The woman in the red coat was the first to notice the younger man struggling with his necktie, according to Thomas’s post. After the young man told her he didn’t know how to properly tie it, the woman tapped her husband and said, “teach this young man how to tie his tie.”
The older man set to work immediately showing his pupil the steps of tying a tie and then making sure he remembered them.
“The older gentleman moved without hesitation [almost a reflex response] and gave him a step-by-step tutorial; then — afterward — the elder gentleman watched the young gentleman repeat the steps and show him that he had it,” Thomas wrote.
The photo has been liked more than 568,000 times and shared more than 163,000 times since it was posted on Saturday.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement