In the wake of Friday’s deadly terrorist attacks, Parisians are taking to social media to make one thing clear: they’re not going to stop living their lives and enjoying their city.
The hashtag #JeSuisEnTerrasse literally translates to “I’m out on a terrace”—but the message it’s really conveying is “I’m outside enjoying the city.” Parisians are using it to post pictures of themselves out in the city’s cafes and restaurants and to encourage others to do the same. Many Parisians also don’t want to walk down familiar streets and see deserted terraces that are usually bustling. They want to show that life goes on.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer